The big hearing for the day will probably be the House Transportation and Infrastructure committee hearing on the US Airways Flight 1549 Accident, but this morning I’ll probably be watching either Ben Bernanke at the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban affairs committee or Dean Baker at the House Education & Labor committee and this afternoon Elizabeth Warren will be testifying at the House Financial Services committee. The full week’s list of hearings should be up later today.
9 am – House Armed Services
On the acquisition and disposal of military lands.
9:30 am – House Appropriations
On the possible move of the U.S. Forest Service to the Department of Interior.
9:30 am – House Energy & Commerce
On how energy efficiency policies can complement climate change efforts.
10 am – Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Hearings to examine addressing underinsurance in national health reform.
10 am – House Energy & Commerce
On reauthorization of H.R.___ – Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act.
10 am – House Transportation and Infrastructure
US Airways Flight 1549 Accident
- Chesley Sullenberger III, Captain, Flight 1549, USAirways
- Jeffrey Skiles, First Officer, Flight 1549, USAirways
- Sheila Dail, Flight Attendant, Flight 1549, USAirways
- Doreen Welsh, Flight Attendant, Flight 1549, USAirways
- Donna Dent, Flight Attendant, Flight 1549, USAirways
- Patrick Harten, Air Traffic Control Specialist, New York Terminal Radar Approach Control
10 am – House Science & Technology
On the monitoring, reporting, and verifying of greenhouse has emissions.
10 am – Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Hearings to examine the semiannual monetary policy report to the Congress.
- The Honorable Ben S. Bernanke , Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
10 am – House Natural Resources
Hearing: "Offshore Drilling: State Perspectives"
10:30 am – House Education & Labor
On efforts to strengthen worker retirement security.
- Dean Baker, Co-director, Center for Economic and Policy Research
- John C. Bogle, Founder, Vanguard Group
- Alicia Munnell, Director, Boston College’s Center for Retirement Research
- Paul Schott Stevens, President and CEO, Investment Company Institute
1 pm – House Appropriations
Energy and Water Subcommittee
On oversight of the Army Corp of Engineers.
- Van Antwerp, Commanding General, U.S. Army Corp of Engineers and U.S. Army Chief of Engineers.
2 pm – House Financial Services
The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation will hold a hearing entitled: "A Review of TARP Oversight, Accountability and Transparency for U.S. Taxpayers".
- Mr. Neil M. Barofsky, Special Inspector General, Office of the Special Inspector General, Troubled Asset Relief Program
- Mr. Gene L. Dodaro, Acting Comptroller General of the United States, Government Accountability Office
- Ms. Elizabeth Warren, Chair, Congressional Oversight Panel, Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law, Harvard University
2 pm – House Rules
H. R. 1105- Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009
2 pm - House Ways & Means
On organizing the subcommittee for the 111th Congress.
2:30 pm – Senate Foreign Relations
Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
Hearings to examine recent developments in Sri Lanka.
2:30 pm – Senate Judiciary
Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
Hearings to examine the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger, focusing on consumers and the concert business.
2:30 pm – House Financial Services
The Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunityn will hold a hearing entitled: "Loan Modifications: Are Mortgage Servicers Assisting Borrowers with Unaffordable Mortgages".
- Mr. Vance Morris, Director for Single Family Asset Management, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Ms. Grovetta Gardineer, Managing Director, Corporate and International Activities, Office of Thrift Supervision
- Mr. Joseph H. Evers, Deputy Comptroller for Large Bank Supervision, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Mr. Patrick J. Lawler, Chief Economist, Federal Housing Finance Agency
- Mr. William C. Erbey, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ocwen Financial Corporation
- Ms. Mary Coffin, Executive Vice President, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Servicing
- Mr. Michael Gross, Managing Director for Loss Mitigation, Bank of America
- Ms. Molly Sheehan, Senior Vice President, Chase Home Lending, JP Morgan Chase
- Mr. Steve Hemperly, Executive Vice President, Mortgage Default Servicing, Citigroup
x-posted at oxdown