No hearings today for House committees (is the House in recess again?), but it’s a full day for Senate committee hearings. Nomination hearings are being held for Leon Panetta for CIA Director (Senate Intelligence) and David Ogden for Deputy Attorney General (Senate Judiciary). Elizabeth Warren is scheduled to testify before the Senate Banking committee on TARP oversight and the Senate Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry committee will hold an oversight hearing on food safety and the peanut recall. More hearings and links, etc below (or see complete list).
(following the first roll call vote) – Senate Foreign Relations
9:30 am – Senate Judiciary
- David W. Ogden to be the Deputy Attorney General at the Justice Department
10 am – Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Hearings to examine implementing best patient care practices.
10 am – Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
An oversight hearing to examine federal food safety relative to the peanut products recall.
10 am – Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Hearings to examine the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), focusing on oversight of the financial rescue package: "Pulling Back the TARP: Oversight of the Financial Rescue Program"
- Mr. Gene L. Dodaro , Acting Comptroller General, United States Government Accountability Office
- Mr. Neil M. Barofsky , Special Inspector General , Troubled Asset Relief Program
- Professor Elizabeth Warren , Chair, Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program
10 am – Senate Judiciary
Hearings to examine the nomination of David W. Ogden, of Virginia, to be Deputy Attorney General.
11 am – Senate Indian Affairs
Organizational meeting to be followed by an oversight hearing to examine advancing Indian health care.
2 pm – Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
2:30 pm – Senate Intelligence
- Leon Panetta, to be Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
4:30 pm – Senate Foreign Relations
Closed hearings to examine Iran status report, focusing on nuclear and political issues.
x-posted at oxdown