Five Congressional Nomination Hearings are scheduled for today: OBM, (Orszag and Nabors II), State (Clinton), Energy (Chu), HUD (Donovan), Education (Duncan) and also a House Financial Services Hearing on TARP.
According to the CSPAN schedule, the Clinton nomination hearing will start on CSPAN2 and then move to CSPAN1 while the Chu nomination hearing will be on CSPAN3. Webstreaming at the committee website links listed. Direct CSPAN real player links: CSPAN, CSPAN-2, CSPAN-3, CSPAN Radio.
Today’s hearings (see list for the entire week’s hearings):
9 am – Senate Budget
- Dr. Peter R. Orszag, of Massachusetts, to be Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Robert L. Nabors II, of New Jersey, to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- The Honorable Hillary R. Clinton to be Secretary of State
- Steven Chu to be Secretary of Energy
- Shaun Donovan, to be Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Mr. Arne Duncan to be Secretary of Education
2 pm – House Financial Services
Meeting to discuss "Priorities for the Next Administration: Use of TARP Funds under EESA".
Please note this is the rescheduled meeting previously slated for January 7, 2009.
5 pm – House Rules
H.R. 384 – TARP Reform and Accountability Act of 2009
H.R. ___ – Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
x-posted at oxdown