Just a quick note on two important hearings today (see weekly list for more of today’s hearings):
10 am – Senate Environment and Public Works
Oversight Hearing on the Tennessee Valley Authority and the Recent Major Coal Ash Spill
- Tom Kilgore, President and CEO, Tennessee Valley Authority
- Stephen A. Smith DVM, Executive Director, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
- William "Howie" Rose, Director of Emergency Management Services, Roane County, Tennessee
For background, see Kirk Murphy’s posts:
- How Can We Trust The EPA On Coal’s Poisons After Their 9/11 Lies?
- Arsenic from Coal Ash Disaster 100 Times More than Allowed
- Has TVA Been Stockpiling Lies Along With Toxic Coal Wastes?
10 am – Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
Hearing for Secretary of Health and Human Services-Designate, Former Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle
- Thomas A. Daschle, Former Majority Leader of the United States Senate, Aberdeen, SD
x-posted at oxdown.