Only the Senate is in session today so it’s a light day for hearings. I’m curious to hear from Brad Setser at the Senate Budget committee’s hearing on the global economy. Setser, who has worked at Treasury as a staff economist, used to blog with Roubini at RGE and now continues to blog (Follow the Money) while a fellow at Council of Foreign Relations.
Below is a list of today’s Congressional Committee hearings (or see complete list). Live streaming is expected at committee websites (see links below) and CSPAN (schedule). Direct realplayer links are: CSPAN, CSPAN-2, CSPAN-3, CSPAN Radio.
9:30 am – Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
10 am – Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Hearings to examine quality in health reform: "Crossing the Quality Chasm in Health Reform"
- Nancy Davenport-Ennis, CEO, National Patient Advocate Foundation, Washington, DC
- Karen Davis, President, Commonwealth Fund, New York, NY
- Rhonda Robinson-Beale, MD, Chief Medical Officer, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions, Golden Valley, MN
- Elizabeth Teisberg, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, VA
- Christine K. Cassel, MD, President, American Board of Internal Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
10 am – Senate Budget
Hearings to examine the global economy, focusing on outlook, risks, and implications for policy.
- Dr. Simon Johnson — Ronald Kurtz Professor of Entrepreneurship, MIT Sloan School of Management
- Dr. Brad W. Setser — Fellow for Geoeconomics, The Council on Foreign Relations
- Mr. Tim Adams — Managing Director, The Lindsey Group
x-posted at oxdown