Arthur Levitt chaired the SEC from 1993 to 2001, during which time major financial industry deregulation bills (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Commodity Futures Modernization Act) were debated and passed into law. At the time Levitt favored such deregulation, but has since learn to regret his role. Lately he’s been talking and today he is scheduled to testify before the Senator Dodd’s Banking committee.
10:30 am – Turmoil in the U.S. Credit Markets: The Genesis of the Current Economic Crisis
- Honorable Arthur Levitt , Jr., Senior Advisor, The Carlyle Group
- Honorable Eugene Ludwig , Chief Executive Officer, Promontory Financial Group
- Honorable Jim Rokakis , Treasurer, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Honorable Marc H. Morial , President and CEO, National Urban League
- Mr. Eric Stein , Senior Vice President, Center for Responsible Lending
x-posted at oxdown